Our community is full of young people who have many fine qualities and successes that deserve to be celebrated, and our community has a responsibility to support youth and help them develop to their fullest potential. Celebrate Youth! does just that.
What kind of students should be nominated?
- All will have overcome obstacles in their personal life to achieve success. These students don’t often receive traditional recognition, but are worthy of celebration nevertheless.
- Students will complete a detailed application and a sponsor (teacher, coach, mentor etc) will complete a reference.
- Initial eligibility will be determined by Bauer’s executive staff. An outside, un-biased committee of professionals in educational/developmental fields will evaluate applicants to select winners.
How will students be celebrated?
Students experiencing success in spite of great odds will be recognized in the following categories (all $1,000 award):
- Creative Self-Expression
- Commitment to Learning
- Bouncing Back
- Youth of the Year (overall award: $2,000 award)
- Award money should be used to assist the student and his or her family in achieving educational goals.
The mission of Bauer Family Resources is creating brighter tomorrows by strengthening children and families today. In the spirit of our mission, we are launching an annual event to tell the community that overcoming obstacles is worth celebrating. Everyday, students overcome obstacles, in pursuit of their own brighter tomorrows. Our Celebrate Youth! banquet puts the spotlight on students who have overcome obstacles and flourished despite the odds.