Sycamore Springs is hosting intervention specialist, Bruce Perkins BRI-II, CADACII, LMFT, for a presentation in June. Even if you have tried many times to talk about their addictive behaviors and have never gotten anywhere, have hope. It is the skill and experience of an intervention specialist that will design the intervention process so that you will finally be heard and your loved one will likely seek help. Together, we can do what others said can't be done. Visit his website at bruceperkins.com. Participants will learn:
- What can you do for a problem drinker or substance abuser, when he or she doesn’t want help or who doesn’t even think there is a problem?
- What does it take to support a problem drinker or substance abuser to make the decision to seek help?
- Have your responses or reactions to problem drinking or substance abuse been counter-productive?
- What does it take for a successful intervention?
- How do we build a team?
- What is each family member’s role in the intervention?
- What is the role of the interventionist?
- Which program is best for you? Are there co-occurring disorders or trauma?
- Give your loved one an opportunity for recovery and discover it for yourself.
The presentation will be held on June 14, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. in the Sycamore Springs Theatre, 833 Park East Blvd, Lafayette, Indiana. CEU's are available. Please R.S.V.P by June 8th, 2012 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More about the Speaker ::
Bruce Perkins has been working in Indiana since 1984. For twenty years he has worked in an inpatient and outpatient treatment center which gave him lots of experience with families and relationships struggling with addiction. Nationally certified as a substance abuse therapist at the highest level, NCAC II, Bruce is also a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Licensed Social Worker (LSW), and a Certified Alcoholism and Drug Counselor through the state of Indiana. As a Board Registered Intervention specialist at the highest level, BRI11, you can be assured that Bruce has the experience and knowledge to facilitate your intervention and guide you through the process in a professional and ethical manner.