You can click here to download a word document outlining these bills.This document contains updates as of January 27th, 2012.
- SB 0274: Medical Amnesty: Bill passed the Senate on the 3rd reading, 50-0 and will move to the House of Representatives
- HB 1149: Smoking Ban: An amendment was added during the House meeting today that allows an 18 month exemption to bars before transitioning to smoke free. The bill was engrossed with the amendment and will move to the Senate.
- HB 1196: Synthetic Drugs: Bill passed the House on 3rd reading, 97-0. Will have an emergency order to be effective immediately. Will move to the Senate for vote.
You can watch the hearings live by going to this website and clicking in the upper right hand corner on "watch live." You will need to use Internet Explorer.
You can find updates for particular Bills by visiting this website and typing the bill number in to the box on the left side. Once you get to the bills page you can see updates under the link "action items." You can read the entire bill under "latest printing."
GET INVOLVED ::
- The coalition's Policy Advocacy Committee, led by Tammy Loew, will be meeting regularly to discuss these issues and create a plan of action. We are always looking for new members to join this committee.
- Please consider contacting your legislators and sharing with them your thoughts about these bills. If you need contact information for your legislator please contact us or click here to find your legislator.
We will continue to use Facebook and our blog to keep you updated on the bills as they pass through legislation.