- If you're the parent of a college student, don't be afraid to make sure your child has a safe experience. College students "are still going through a maturation process and still need advising."
- Make sure to have solid travel plans and a place to stay.
- Make sure to leave contact information, itinerary, and documents with family members who won't be traveling with you.
- Learn as much as possible about customs and laws of the places you're visiting, especially laws pertaining to drinking.
- Have an emergency plan, which should include an insurance card and emergency cash.
- Stick together; there's safety in numbers.
- Use common sense. "If it feels like an uncomfortable situation, listen to your senses."
Thursday, March 1, 2012
Make Plans for a Safe Spring Break
'Tis the season for spring break plans, and included on your list of things to do before traveling should be educating yourself on spring break safety tips. Listed below are tips for students and families from a recent story that appeared in Indianapolis's WTHR: